About Attorney, Robert Whitt
Robert, Charlotte Attorney, has been engaged in the practice of Law for over 40 years in the same town of Mt Holly, North Carolina. He has experience in almost all areas of the General Practice of Law. Rather than handle every case that may require his services, Robert has begun to limit some areas of his practice.
At this point in time his practice concentrates on Estate Planning, Probate Administration and Elder Law. While he still does take some other cases the majority of the practice concerns these areas. It is important to have an attorney who has a breadth of knowledge in all areas of the Law and who can relate to the complexities that occur when areas in the Law overlap. He will occasionally handle other areas of law such as Personal Injury, Real Estate, Corporations and LLC’s, and Contracts. Contact his office if you want more information on this.
Robert Whitt can give you good sound advice to explain the type of case that you have, advise you as to the best way to proceed with the case and if he does not handle the case, he is happy to try to make a referral to an Attorney who handles this type of case that you may have. As a result of these actions he has gained the trust of thousands of clients by speaking honestly and directly to them about their cases, carefully determining the strength of each case, keeping clients fully informed, and taking only those cases that he is comfortable to handle and making referrals when necessary.
Robert Whitt graduated from Davidson College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1971 and received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence in 1975 from the UNC Chapel Hill School of Law.
Robert’s main focus is:
- Estate Planning: Consisting of drawing Wills, Powers of Attorney and Trusts
- Estate Administration or Probate: Guiding you through the probate process after the death of a loved one
- Elder Law: Preservation of assets and Medicaid Qualification when a loved one may be placed in a nursing home. This can be done by either pre-planning or crisis planning.
The Following is a list of affiliations and honors:
- Member of the North Carolina State Bar
- Member of the North Carolina Bar Association including Elder Law Section of the same
- Past President and Current Member of the Gaston County Bar Association
- Approved by Veteran Administration as a VA Representative
- Member of the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Member of Elder Counsel
- Past President of the Gaston County Family YMCA Metropolitan Board
- Past President of the Mt. Holly Community Relief Organization
- Distinguished Rotarian Award and Paul Harris Fellow
- Mayor of Mt. Holly, North Carolina 2005-2009
- Certified to be a Representative with the Veteran’s Association, and assist Veterans.
As passionate advocate for his clients, Robert has appeared before:
- The North Carolina Supreme Court
- The North Carolina Court of Appeals
- The North Carolina Industrial Commission
- North Carolina Superior Courts
- North Carolina District Courts
- North Carolina Magistrate Courts
- The United States Federal Court System
With Robert C. Whitt as your advocate you will receive legal representation and services with a commitment to excellence and the utmost professionalism. Robert feels that every client is entitled to this high standard of service. So at the office, his clients always come first. Because honesty and openness are essential to the attorney-client relationship, he will carefully evaluate your case and directly explain your options.
While working with Robert, you will find that his focus is to identify and implement the solutions that best fit your own needs. He is committed to assisting you in a timely manner and keeping you informed throughout the process. You will never be left in the dark about your case; he returns calls, e-mails and faxes promptly, and complies with all legal deadlines. His goal is to provide you with exceptional, courteous service in your time of need.